Introduction
Hello there!
Who's watching? No, you haven't opened your Netflix profile, but I bet you will love the content I am about to share with you regarding the streaming industry and the new streaming platform: "WeTv".
However, first things first: my name is Talita, aka Tali, which I prefer to be called. I am from Brazil and have been living in Dublin for over 2 years now. I have a degree in Journalism and currently am a student at DBS, Dublin Business School, pursuing a Masters of Science in Digital Marketing. I am very much into Technology, especially the emerging ones. Digital Medias and Social Medias are other things that I am really fond of. This universe intrigues me and makes me wonder how far humans can get as well as what the future reserves to us. Thus, having the opportunity to study that in a foreign country, as well as learn new topics regarding things that you enjoy is extremely fulfilling.
Furthermore, I love watching series/shows and movies when at home. Streaming videos and binge-watching series is something that I do mostly. I am obsessed with new seasons releases and all that is related to my favourite shows. In addition to that, I am also a food lover, I love eating as well as drinking beer! Going to restaurants and pubs is another thing that I love doing in Dublin. Being in Ireland for so long, a completely different country from where I am from when it comes to the weather, the food and many other issues, has definitely broadened my horizons, I have learned many things and had many new experiences.
As mentioned before, I really like streaming series and movies, therefore that is exactly what I will be writing about. An interesting fact is that the quarantine (we have been living under lockdown for nearly two months) has highly affected the streaming industry. Streaming services, especially Netflix, the leader of the online streaming world, have tremendously benefited from the Coronavirus lockdown as nearly everybody around the globe was sort of forced to stay at home. How would these people spend their time, aside from eating loads? Watching streaming channels!
With that being said, the purpose of this blog is to learn more about technologies and to present to you my own business: WeTv. A new streaming service, that follows the Netflix patterns, but what distinguishes it from the streaming giant is that "WeTv" allows you to chat in real-time with your friends and other people about the shows you are watching, without leaving the platform. I will go deeper into this but first, let's start with how the streaming industry has been making use of Big Data. How they have been gathering, storing and analysing this huge amount of data.
Are you still watching? I am! :D
I'll be seeing you!
Tali xx
Who's watching? No, you haven't opened your Netflix profile, but I bet you will love the content I am about to share with you regarding the streaming industry and the new streaming platform: "WeTv".
However, first things first: my name is Talita, aka Tali, which I prefer to be called. I am from Brazil and have been living in Dublin for over 2 years now. I have a degree in Journalism and currently am a student at DBS, Dublin Business School, pursuing a Masters of Science in Digital Marketing. I am very much into Technology, especially the emerging ones. Digital Medias and Social Medias are other things that I am really fond of. This universe intrigues me and makes me wonder how far humans can get as well as what the future reserves to us. Thus, having the opportunity to study that in a foreign country, as well as learn new topics regarding things that you enjoy is extremely fulfilling.
Furthermore, I love watching series/shows and movies when at home. Streaming videos and binge-watching series is something that I do mostly. I am obsessed with new seasons releases and all that is related to my favourite shows. In addition to that, I am also a food lover, I love eating as well as drinking beer! Going to restaurants and pubs is another thing that I love doing in Dublin. Being in Ireland for so long, a completely different country from where I am from when it comes to the weather, the food and many other issues, has definitely broadened my horizons, I have learned many things and had many new experiences.
As mentioned before, I really like streaming series and movies, therefore that is exactly what I will be writing about. An interesting fact is that the quarantine (we have been living under lockdown for nearly two months) has highly affected the streaming industry. Streaming services, especially Netflix, the leader of the online streaming world, have tremendously benefited from the Coronavirus lockdown as nearly everybody around the globe was sort of forced to stay at home. How would these people spend their time, aside from eating loads? Watching streaming channels!
With that being said, the purpose of this blog is to learn more about technologies and to present to you my own business: WeTv. A new streaming service, that follows the Netflix patterns, but what distinguishes it from the streaming giant is that "WeTv" allows you to chat in real-time with your friends and other people about the shows you are watching, without leaving the platform. I will go deeper into this but first, let's start with how the streaming industry has been making use of Big Data. How they have been gathering, storing and analysing this huge amount of data.
Are you still watching? I am! :D
I'll be seeing you!
Tali xx

I wonder how much data they are really able to read from us :x
ReplyDeleteHumm.. nice to meet you Tali. Very interesting idea. I will keep one eye here for some news! :)
ReplyDeleteVery interesting indeed. Would love to learn more about these features on "WeTv!" and maybe they could even add the option to "sync watch" with friends as well!
ReplyDeleteHi, Tali! Wow! That’s a very good idea, I like it!
ReplyDeleteHello Thali.
ReplyDeleteGood luck in this project, so far so good. Is very interesting. Veronica S.
Good luck with your project! This is a very interesting topic.
ReplyDeleteI loved the text. Keep up the good work
ReplyDeleteHi Tali! Nice to meet you! As a person that streams everyday, I look forward to reading more from you.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog!
ReplyDeleteWow, I am really interested to know more about WeTv.
ReplyDelete